Friday, April 1, 2011

I AM NOT EXCEPTIONAL - SIDNEY

I AM NOT EXCEPTIONAL - SIDNEY

I am often told by people who see me in the gym that I an exceptional because I am still training with heavy weights as an octogenarian.

I am not exceptional.

The reason that I am still capable of lifting heavy weights at eighty four years of age
is that I started training with weights in 1945 and kept on training.

I maintain that any other normal and healthy human being who is physically fit and without disabilities can emulate me. However do not start lifting heavy weights or furniture et cetera when you are old and unfit to do so.

The secret is start young and never stop but you must realize that age does affect one's strength, so adapt to circumstances.

The alternative to strength training is walking, jogging, swimming and cycling within your capabilities.

A wise decision is to consult your doctor if you are old and unaccustomed to exercise.

The emphasis is on physical activity. However mental activity is also important so read and study too.

I have lost about 30% of my power from my peak to date.

Example:

At my pead I did a dead lift of 230 kilograms at a body mass of 100 kilograms.

My maximum in the dead lift is currently 160 kilograms also at a body mass of 100 kilograms.

In my one video on www.facebook.com and www.youtube.com you will see me doing a dead lift of 140 kilograms. I was 82 years and 10 months when the video was made.
I will be eighty five years of age in June 2011.

People who do not do any form of physical exercise because they are old run the risk of shortening their probable lifespan.

I strongly recommend that older people train within their limits and consult their doctors once yearly.

I repeat I am not exceptional.
I started heavy training in my youth and continued and will continue until I die.

Other important factors to attain and retain maximum health are:

Nutrition - We are what we eat.
Potable Water - our bodies contain about seventy five percent water.
Slight variations in body water content can cause dehydration.
Adequate rest and relaxation is important.
Location is important too because if we live in a location that is near to a smoky Atmosphere eg. a factory belching toxic smoke or any other similar situation.
Exercising the mind is also important.
When in the gym or elsewhere train do not strain.

Remember what I have achieved in the field of strength others can emulate, however take care exercise within your safe limit.

GO WELL MY ANCESTRAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

SIDNEY COAD WILLIAMS
HEALTH AND PEACE ACTIVIST.



No comments:

Post a Comment